Maverick 88 Security
Features and Benefits
- Fixed choke, cylinder-bore barrel
- Pump action with a 6-shot capacity
- Made in the USA
- Polymer stock and forearm
- Positive steel-to-steel lockup and antijam elevator
- Dual extractors and twin action slide bars
- Cross-bolt safety in front of the trigger
- 3″ chamber handles factory 2-3/4″ and 3″ loads
- Front brass bead sight
mossberg maverick 88 security
- Handedness: Ambidextrous
- Chamber length (in.): 3
- Product weight: 7 lb.
- Type: Pump-action
- Metal Finish: Blued
- Stock: Polymer
- Product Type: Pump-action
- Barrel length (in.): 18.5
- Action: Pump
- Gauge/bore: 12
- Cylinder capacity: 6
- Front sight: Brass bead
- Product Length (in.): 39.5
- Pistol Ammo Type: Home Defense
maverick 88 security review
- Mossberg Maverick 88 Security 12 Gauge Pump-Action Shotgun
- We recommend the use of protective eyewear whenever using or near the use of this item.
- Please note that all firearm purchases require valid US government-issued ID and related firearm paperwork.
- Firearms purchased online are shipped to your local Academy Sports + Outdoors as selected in the checkout process.
mossberg maverick 88 security accessories
Furthermore, every person who intends to guard home and hearth and kith and kin ought to have a minimum of three guns — a handgun, a rifle and a shotgun — for defensive purposes.
The 12-gauge pump shotgun in particular is incredibly versatile and has a fearsome reputation amongst bad guys. However, even though the AR-15 has stolen some of its thunder, the pump shotgun is still more than capable of “bringing the noise” when called upon. Also, but with the wide variety of pump-action 12-gauge shotguns on the market, which one would be a good choice for someone on a tight budget who wants the best gun for his or her money?
Love the long magazine tube
It’s a good beginning shotgun. Not too fancy for a novice but not so simple you’d be embarrassed to be seen using it. Only issue i have is the cost of ammo makes it hard to break in properly.
Great home defense shotgun.
Front bead sight was drilled an 1/8 inch off center. Had to send back to the manufacturer. Other then that seems like a decent gun for the price
MOSSBERG is a fair priced and of good quality firearm. Bought my 1st Mdl. 500 in 1992. Bought 15 more since.