Glock® 17 Gen5 9mm Semi-automatic Pistol
With over 20 design modifications from its Gen4 predecessor, the Glock 17 Gen5 is proof positive that even the most refined polymer pistol in the world can get better. Also, among the most notable changes is the Glock Marksman Barrel, which now features land-and-groove rifling, a departure from the traditional polygonal rifling of the past. However, land-and-groove rifling can provide a boost to accuracy, but, more importantly, it can handle high-volume shooting with lead projectiles.
glock 17 gen5 mos
The Gen5 preserves the reversible magazine catch of the Gen4 but goes one step further by incorporating a truly ambidextrous one-piece slide lock. Furthermore, that’s a nice upgrade for you lefties out there. Also, the magazine and mag well have also been overhauled. Morevoer, the magazine now features an orange follower so you can visually identify empties, as well as an extended lip for grip. Also, the mag well has been flared for faster reloads. However, the finger grooves are now gone, and the front strap features a cut-out for extracting the magazine. Moreover, bottom line: it’s the same Glock you know and loves. Also, it’s just a little more shooter-friendly now.
- NEW Marksman barrel with land-and-groove rifling that can handle lead projectiles
- The new ambidextrous one-piece slide lock makes it more lefty-friendly
- A new orange follower in the magazine for easy identification of empties
- New extended bottom lip for easy magazine extraction
- New flared magazine well for easy reloads
- The new straight-grip design fits all hands
- The nEW front strap cut-out for extracting magazines
- The new rounded front of the slide for easier holstering
- New nDLC finish provides tougher, more durable corrosion and scratch resistance
- Grip stippling is the same as on the Gen 4, and still delivers remarkable traction for extreme environments and gloved operators
- Backward-compatible with older magazines
- Includes (3) 17-rd. magazines
Glock 17 Gen5 Key Specifications
- Item Number: 719632
- Caliber: 9mm
- Action: Semi-automatic/striker-fired
- Capacity: 17+1
- Barrel Length: 4.48″
- Frame: Polymer
- Grips: Stippled, straight
- Sights: Fixed
- Trigger pull: ~5.5 lbs.
- Overall Length: 7.95″
- Overall Weight: 25.26 oz.
- Mfg. Number: PA175S203BFG
- UPC: 764503038242
Got this Pistol about a month ago right before my 17th birthday and i have only put about 300 rounds through it but it is a great gun. The disassembly of is could not be more simple. There is surprisingly not much recoil for a 45. It is nice that it can hold 13 + 1 round. Great product so far!! love it with my BlackHawk holster. great for coyote hunting and not bulky on my belt. Next up is a Glock 26!
I’ve been anti Glock for many years clinging to my 1911’s and Sigs. I liked the trigger and the 21sf felt really solid in my hand. So I broke down and bought it. After about 1000 rounds I’m reasonably impressed. I’m still learning to shoot it as there is a transition from a 1911 to a glock but am really pleased with the weapon. No reliability issues and accurate. I want a G19 next to fill in my 9mm slots.
Have gone through many of these in my life time for many undisclosed reasons and they go really good with my black forces although I do suggest buying extra or an extended clips but the 17 is fine
Simpley put, this weapon system is about as reliable as they come. The 17+1 capacity is a nice plus. This weapon has never let me down
I use my G17 for home defense or when I can carry a full sidearm with comfort. Never had an issue or any problems with my two Glocks and I do put plenty of rounds through both. I probably clean them more than I should but that’s just me. I have friends who have put twice as much ammo through theirs and they never clean them and they still shoot extremely well.
Reliable, Powerful (Glock 21), light weight and Crazy simple to clean. You could pay $800-1000 more for a “Show Piece” pistol… I guess… I really like my Glock 21.